ISBA exists to help you succeed in your role. Our services will assist you, interest you, motivate you and develop you throughout your independent school career. Joining ISBA means you will be joining hundreds of like-minded bursars and senior management staff focused on sharing knowledge, ideas and best practice from across the sector.
Membership of the ISBA provides you and your school with:
- the latest guidance and legislative updates as well as model policies you can download and easily adapt to suit your own school from our popular online reference library;
- online forums enabling you to chat online with other members about operational issues, share best practice and learn from others' experiences;
- a well respected and comprehensive accredited professional development programme covering legal, HR, inspections and other key operational issues and tailored to suit all levels - from the new bursar just started in post to the experienced bursar who just wishes to brush up on his/her knowledge;
- online webinars enabling you to learn, without leaving your desk, about a range of topics of interest;
- an extensive support network through ISBA regional group meetings (open to a nominated member of your senior support staff);
- information, advice and networking opportunities and the chance to hear nationally renowned speakers at the ISBA Annual Conference. The 2021 Conference will be held at the Manchester Central Convention Complex on Tuesday 25 and Wednesday 26 May.
- a copy of the useful 'Bursar's Guide' - providing the latest information on legislation affecting schools;
- termly copies of our magazine - The Bursar's Review - as well as weekly and monthly e-bulletins covering the latest legal, financial and HR news plus lots more;
- job vacancies to help you find your next role in independent school business, finance or administration;
- a mentoring, appraisal, locum and recruitment service available to those seeking professional development support or wishing to fill a school vacancy; and
- a searchable member directory helping you connect with fellow bursars across the country.
"The information schools receive is incredible especially in light of the inundation of it from so many sources… ISBA is the place to go for the facts".
Sam Cottenden, HR and Compliance Manager at Lochinver House